Here Are Some Of The Most Random Superstitions That Pregnant Women Actually Follow
Whether you believe in these pregnancy superstitions or not, you’ve probably heard either your mom, tía or grandma talk about them at one point.
1. You can determine the sex of your unborn baby by looking at the belly.
If your belly is up high, you’re having a girl, and if your belly is wide, you’re having a boy. It’s that simple.
2. Or just count the number of pimples on the mom-to-be’s face.
If you have a lot of acne, you’re definitely having a girl. And if your skin is glowing, then you must be having a boy.
3. Thread a needle and hold it over the belly.
Depending on whether the needle spins clockwise or counterclockwise will determine the sex of the baby. At this point, who even needs an ultrasound to find out what they’re having?
4. Rubbing toothpaste on the mom’s belly button will protect the baby from feeling the mom’s stomach cramps or contractions.
Pro tip: The more toothpaste, the better.
5. To make labor much smoother, fill a large pot with hot water.
Once the water boils, place the pot on the floor and squat over it for as long as you can. This will help make your labor a breeze… allegedly.
6. If there’s heartburn during the pregnancy, the baby’s going to be hairy.
Probably not as hairy as this, but you get the idea.
7. Wearing a safety pin on underwear during an eclipse will ensure the baby doesn’t have health problems.
So as soon as you find out you’re pregnant, go buy a whole pack of safety pins.
8. Also, if you’re pregnant, be sure to wear something red during the lunar eclipse otherwise the baby will have birth defects.
Jaciara + Gustavo = Pedro e Lucas. Foto: @Franciscolimafotos Assistentes: @polyjhones e @placidofelix #gemeos #maedegemeos #paidegemeos #meninos #FranciscoLimaFotos #maedemenino #ensaiofotografico #ensaiogestante #gestante #esperandobebe #gestacao #pregnant #pregnancy #fotodegestante #fotosdegestante #gravidez #ensaiogravida #ensaiodegravida #gravida #amordemae #amordepai #paisefilhos #familia #fotografiadegestante #bebeacaminho
A post shared by Fotógrafo Francisco Lima ???????? (@franciscolimafotos) on
Make sure you’re wearing a red shirt, red pants, red underwear, red bra, red EVERYTHING.
9. If the expectant mother is outside during a full moon, the baby will be born with a giant birthmark.
As you can tell, the moon has a lot to do with your baby and this couple doesn’t care.
10. To avoid having an ugly baby, don’t give other people ugly looks during your pregnancy.
Or just don’t do it in general.
11. Most importantly, make sure to always satisfy your food cravings while you’re pregnant, or else your baby will come out with its mouth open.
Follow this rule even if you’re not pregnant.