20+ Plus Size Bikinis For Your Bangin’ Body This Vacations
It’s almost vacation time, which means it’s boiling outside and offensive to be anything but half-naked. You know what else is offensive? The patriarchal, and TBH racist, expectation that women should barely have a waist, but also Barbie-like curves. That expectation is tenfold for Latina women, who are constantly facing this “Spicy Latina” stereotype we see in the media. That’s not to say that bodies like Sofia Vergara’s aren’t valid, but this post is to say that gimme more Sara Ramirez, America Ferrera and Gina Rodriguez’s.
Our worth is so much more than our curves. But, conyó, mami, flaunt it while you got it.
1. Curvy Kate Maya Red Print Balcony Bikini | $84@selfcarequeen_ / Instagram
Caption: “I did a brave thing yesterday and I took part in a flash mob, in central London where myself and amazing others celebrated everyBODY, in our bikinis! It was organised by @_natashadevon and #PortraitPositive I can’t believe I fully walked around London shouting chants like “RIOTS NOT DIETS” and “SUMMER BODY, MY BODY” with my imperfect skin out in front of the world!”
2. Eloquii’s Ruffle Strap Bikini Top | $79.90@eloquii / Instagram
Eloquii always has great sales, so definitely check it out, especially around July 4th sales! Oh, and she comes with an underwire, just the way we like them.
3. Twist Come True One-Piece Swimsuit in Cobalt | $74.99“Twist Come True One-Piece Swimsuit in Cobalt – Plus Size” Digital Image. ModCloth. 28 June 2018.
Was it just me, or did every Latina mom beg you to ditch the sporty tankini and put on something sexy? When you were 12? IDK, but I’d definitely wear this now.
4. Need I Say Shore? High-Waisted Bikini Bottom in Grey Garden | $29.99“Need I Say Shore? High-Waisted Bikini Bottom in Grey Garden” Digital Image. Modcloth. 28 June 2018.
ModCloth has some really cute, slightly retro options if that’s your look. Just don’t look at anything but the plus-size options or resist the urge to track down those models and feed them two servings of rice and beans. Psh, I know that’s what you’re thinking (’cause same).
5. Simply Be’s Figleaves Colour Block Swimsuit | $67.49Untitled. Digital Image. Simply Be. 28 June 2018.
What can I say? I love a deep plunge. Plus, those straps in the back will only make for some sexy tan lines.
6. Swimsuits For All’s Gravitron Swimsuit | $74.10@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
Swoooooon. I have a thing for hips, and all the ways our skin folds to make them happen, so I love these mesh side panels.
You’ll actually have to use the clothesline your abuelita sent you, though, if you don’t want to ruin it in the dryer.
7. Black & Ivory Push-Up Strapless Scalloped Midkini | $47.34@torridfashion / Instagram
The strap on the top comes off, which lets you rock a strapless look, but we all know it also ends in a great reveal. Raise your hand if you’re obsessed with this skirt? ????????
8. Swimsuits for All’s Ritzy Swimsuit | $78@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
Ashley Graham partnered with Swimsuits for All to give us an entire collection line. I *love* that this doesn’t have an underwire, because sometimes we just want to hang loose.
9. Ashley Graham Icon White Bikini | $63.00@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
She also helped create this line of essentials. You know when you get a bikini from Forever 21 Junior’s and your Brazilian booty cannot be contained. Well, this bikini line will also not contain it, but will hug it just right. Trust.
10. GabiFresh Roller Coaster Orange Underwire Bikini | $66.30@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
The perks of built in underwires? Looks like this.
Sign me up for that merry go-round.
11. Printed High Waist Bikini | $64.90@eloquii / Instagram
They’re stretchy, and the floral print is so ’90s. You’ll probably hear your mama tell you that, “Vale, I had the same, exact one when I was your age. Everything’s coming back!”
12. Eloquii’s Tie Front One-Piece | $119.90@eloquii / Instagram
Get yourself a chic colorblock one piece with adjustable straps, and (obvi) adjustable tie outs in the front. *Definitely* find a field of adobes to lay in and get Insta ready.
13. GabiFresh SCrambler Underwire Bikini | $66.30@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
Wait until you see the whole bikini. Imagine a sexy Brazilian bottom with a high waisted mesh on top. It’s the kind of peek-a-boo action that we’re all privileged for being a part of.
14. Beach to Beach Twist Detail Bikini Top | $42.99@simplybeusa / Instagram
There are no wires, I repeat: no wires in this swim suit. The twist actually helps to support, though the back is a clasp, so make sure you get the right fit or it’s all over.
And, obviously, wear some red lippies with this one.
15. Simply Be’s “The Wow” Swimsuit | $37.99@simplybeusa / Instagram
Don’t worry friends, I’ll quit it with the deep plunges, but we all know they look so good. Wear this when you want to feel the lively flamingo’s spirit. But if you’re tanning on a Miami lawn, be careful of clashing with the actual flamingos in the yard.
16. Target’s Mesh Cut Out One Piece | $39.99Untitled. Digital Image. Target. 28 June 2018.
Psst, Target is having a 20% off all swimwear sale right now! Plus, peep that V-neck, and enjoy the tan lines.
17. Diva White Dot High Waist Bikini | $46.80@swimsuitsforall / Instagram
Rock your Independence Day with a twist on an old classic
itty bitty leave-them-wanting-more yellow red polka dot bikini.
18. Set the Serene Bikini Top in Black Blossom | $34.99“Set the Serene Bikini Top in Black Blossom” Digital Image. ModCloth. 28 June 2018.
This is what 1950s dreams are made of… except we can actually go into the ocean and college and use our brains. #Haute
19. Simply Yours Bardot Frill Bikini Top | $22.99Untitled. Digital Image. Simply Be. 28 June 2018.
Please, alguien, get this swimsuit and tell me if it actually stays on your body. It’s a full fledged bra with silicone tape, so it should stay on just fine, but I won’t believe it till I see it.
Our mother’s have too many stories from Manhattan’s community pools.
20. Yin Mesh Underwire Swimsuit | $62.40“Yin Mesh Underwire Swimsuit” Digital Image. Swimsuits for All. 28 June 2018.
This sweetheart neckline will give everyone the wrong impression about you. Honestly, just take me to Havana and fan me with a banana leaf already.
21. No matter what you’re wearing this summer…@torridfashion / Instagram
Know you’re fine AF in whatever it is. Companies like Torrid Fashion, Swimsuits for All, Eloquii and even Target have swimwear that will fit a grown woman’s body.
Here’s to loving our summer, winter, and everything in between bodies!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com