19 Dessert Tacos That Will Make Your Mouth Water
There is nothing more delicious than a savory taco. Except maybe one of these 20 dessert tacos that we recommend eating twice daily for the full effect of it’s mood-lifting powers. We’ll start with breakfast.
1. Waffle Taco“dessert-tacos” Digital Image. A Subtle Revelry. 25 April 2018.
Literally, just lightly toast a frozen waffle, roll the rim in honey, stuff it with ice cream and sprinkle unicorn dust on top.
2. Ice Cream Tacos With Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Shells“Ice Cream Tacos With Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Shells.” Digital Image. Alaska from Scratch. 25 April 2018.
This is for you fusion lovers. Literally just bake a bunch of oiled up wonton wrappers for 4-5 min at 400 F. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture once out and stuff with ice cream. Chocolate drizzle is not optional.
Adapted from Alaska from Scratch.
3. Pancake Tacos“Pancake Tacos.” Digital Image. Sweet Potato Chronicles. 24 April 2018
Hiii, go find your mom’s Bisquick and make yourself some pancakes. Then fold and stuff with nutella and sliced fruit. Call yourself a chef. You welcome.
4. Vegan Cinnamon Apple Tacos“DSC_0333” Digital Image. Eat Drink Shrink. 25 April 2018.
You know how to fry a taco. Do that, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. For the filling:
Peel and dice apples. Toss with lemon juice. Over medium heat stir together butter, chopped apples, cinnamon and coconut sugar. Add about ¼ cup water and let cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Stir 1 teaspoon cornstarch into remaining water and add to pan. Continue cooking until most of the liquid removed and apples are soft.
Adapted from Eat Drink Shrink.
5. Cookie Tacos“Taco Cookies 5444 copy” Digital Image. Erica Sweet Tooth. 25 April 2018.
OK, this is kinda cute. Use golden Oreos broken in half for the taco shells. Chocolate Oreo shell crumbles for “taco meat”, shredded coconut for “iceberg lettuce”, hot tamale candies for “cherry tomatoes” and chopped starburst for “shredded cheese.”
Use some vanilla frosting and melted peanut butter chips for glue and you can figure out the rest. 😉
Adapted from Erica Sweet Tooth.
6. Next Level Choco-Tacos“Choco Tacos from Food52” Digital Image. Food 52. 25 April 2018.
Remember how drool-worth Choco Tacos from the ice cream truck as a kid? Food 52 has you covered to make these from scratch. Here’s what you need:
For the shells:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
Mix it all together, fry the batter into taco shapes and then stuff with ice cream and drizzle a melted chocolate-coconut oil mix onto the tacos. Enjoy!
Adapted from Food 52.
7. Nutella and Red Berry Dessert Tacos
This one is simple and scrumptious.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll sheets of aluminum foil into 3 loose rolls, each measuring approximately 17 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and 4 inches tall. Place rolls parallel on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Stir together 3 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Brush 3 tbsp of melted butter evenly on both sides of the 6 tortillas, and sprinkle both sides evenly with sugar mixture. Drape 2 tortillas over each foil roll, so that they form a taco shell shape.
- Bake tortillas in preheated oven until tortillas hold their shape and are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Transfer shells to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- Prepare the Filling: Combine 3/4 cup of heavy cream and 3 tbsp of powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Add 6 oz. of cream cheese and 1/3 cup of nutella; beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Assemble the Tacos: Spoon about 1/3 cup Filling into each Taco Shell. Toss together 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/2 cup of raspberries in a small bowl. Top each taco with about 1/4 cup berry mixture. Dust tacos with powdered sugar.
Adapted from My Recipes
8. Full Chocolate Taco“Chocolate Tacos Image” Digital Image. Food Fanatic. 25 April 2018.
Mix this in a bowl and set aside:
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, Cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Orange, Juiced
- In a small saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 stick butter and 1/3 cup corn syrup. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup flour and 4 tsp cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Now pour the wet ingredients from the saucepan into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- It’s easier to work in small batches for these cookies because they need to be hot to form the shape. Before you start to cook them, take out two to four wooden spoons, or any utensil with a round handle. Set them up on the counter so they are elevated.
- I take two cups and invert them about 4 inches away from each other, then lay the wooden spoon across the top. That way it makes a sort of balance beam for the cookie to rest on to form it’s shape. I set up 2-4 at a time. Then I have a couple of plates nearby lined with paper towels so its soft for the cookies to sit on till needed after they are formed.
- Make two cookies at a time. Spoon a small amount of the batter onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, spooning the dough onto the farthest end. Then do the same on the opposite end. The dough melts and spreads like no one’s business, so make sure to allow room for it to spread.
- Pop the cookie sheet in the oven at 400 F for about 6-8 minutes.
- Lay in your taco molds and STUFF!
Adapted from Food Fanatic.
9. Banana Split Tacos“Banana Split Tacos Photo” Digital Image. Food Fanatic. 25 April 2018.
This one you can whip up in no time. Fry your tortilla into a classic taco shape and immediately sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Let cool and stuff with strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream in that order. Garnish and eat!
10. Another Chocolate Taco“Unnamed. Digital Image. Gluten Free Love Story. 25 April 2018
This one’s for my food sensitive friends:
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tbsps cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsps grounded flax seeds + 6 tbsps warm water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or 4-5 packets of stevia for a candida friendly option)
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- coconut oil for greasing
- Mix the flax seeds in the six tbsps of water and soak them for fifteen minutes.
- In the meantime, combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Now, if the flax eggs are done soaking, blend them inside the batter.
- Heat up a griddle or skillet and grease it with coconut oil.
- 5. Pour on some batter and smooth it out until it is as thin as it can be. Cook the chocolate tacos until they are thoroughly done.
- 6. Enjoy these chocolate tacos stuffed with maple syrup, coconut nectar, coconut whip cream, fruit, or jam. If you want some candida friendly options, you could spread nut butters or even coconut whip cream on top.
Adapted from Gluten Free Love Story.
11. Tres Leches Coconut and Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Tacos“Tres Leches Coconut and Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Tacos with Banana Peanut Salsa | halfbakedharvest.com @hbharvest” Digital Image. Half Baked Harvest. 25 April 2018.
This looks bomb and it’s easy as f. Just fry like normal and then dip in melted chocolate. Mix bananas, and a dash of cinnamon with coconut ice cream and stuff once the tacos have cooled a little. Drizzle LOADS of chocolate sauce on the taco and drizzle with walnuts. EAT.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest
12. Cinnamon-Peach Ice Cream Tacos“ice cream tacos recipe” Digital Image. Hilah cooking. 25 April 2018.
The pro tip for this is to score the inside centers of the tacos before placing them in the oven. That’s how they puff up! Be sure to sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar mixture on either side of the oiled tortilla before you pop them in. 10 minutes later at 350 F and you’re ready to load them up with ice cream!
13. Vegan S’Mores Tacos“vegan s’more tacos | RECIPE on hotforfoodblog.com” Digital Image. Hot For Food Blog. 25 April 2018.
You guys! Stuff your homemade, cinnamon-spiked taco shells with vegan marshmallows and bake. Then, drizzle chocolate over it and accept your role as your town’s new cult leader.
14. Simple Strawberry Tacos“DSC_0053” Digital Image. Keep It Simple Foods. 25 April 2018.
True to its blogger’s name, this one is simple. Just toast your tortillas, sprinkle chocolate chips (they’ll melt with the warmth of a tortilla blanket), top with strawberries and some whipped cream! I feel fancy.
15. Grain-Free TacosUnnamed. Digital Image. Morsels and Moonshine. 25 April 2018.
The money here is the grain-free taco shell. Here’s how to make them:
- 2/3 c. almond flour
- 1/3 c. starch (corn, tapioca, arrowroot, etc.)
- 1 flax egg (3 T. water and 1 T. ground flax seed)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla-infused bourbon
- 4 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c. coconut cream (from the top of a chilled can of coconut milk)
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, starch, salt, and coconut sugar. After the flax has thickened, add it to the bowl, along with the bourbon, oil, and cream. Stir until everything is combined well. It will be a thick dough. Pop it in a pizette maker and you’re golden.
Adapted from Morsels and Moonshine.
16. Neopolitan Choco Taco Recipe“Neopolitan Choco Taco Recipe.” Digital Image. Mountain Mama Cooks. 25 April 2018.
Here’s how to make the homemade tacos for this one. You can figure out the rest. Mix this in one bowl:
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix this in another bowl:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
Add the wet ingredients to the dry to form a batter. Fry 2-3 spoonfuls of the batter into a pan to make tortillas!
Adapted from Mountain Mama Cooks.
17. Cocoa Cookie Taco Shell“Cocoa Cookie Taco Shell” Digital Image. Rachel Ray. 23 April 2018.
Here’s how to make this magic happen:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate shell topping, fillings and garnishes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder and salt. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar, about 2 minutes. Add the egg whites and vanilla; keep beating, occasionally scraping down the bowl, until blended (the mixture may be lumpy). Add the flour mixture; beat to blend.
2. Set up a taco-making station: On a work surface, arrange two boxes (at least 3 inches high) about 12 inches apart. Arrange a 2-to 2 3/4-inch-diameter rolling pin with one end on each of the boxes, leaving space for the rolling pin to have 2 taco shells draped over it. (You can also use two paper towel tubes.) Drape a sheet of parchment paper over the rolling pin.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the paper in half crosswise; place 3 tbsp. dough in the center of each piece of parchment. Using a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon, spread the dough out to a 5-to 5 1/2-inch circle. Bake until the dough is firm, rotating the sheet halfway through, about 10 minutes for a softer taco and 12 minutes for a crispy taco. Let rest 15 seconds.
4. Working with 1 cookie at a time, lift the paper and cookie; gently invert over the rolling pin (leave the paper on). Using a pot holder (the cookie is hot), gently push the sides down to form a taco-shell shape. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Peel off the paper. Repeat with the remaining dough for 8 shells. Dip edges in chocolate shell topping; fill and garnish (see our Awesome Ice Cream Tacos).
Adapted from Rachel Ray.
18. Mini Rainbow Fruit Tacos with Cream Cheese Dip“Mini Rainbow Fruit Tacos with Cream Cheese Dip” Digital Image. Sugar Dish Me. 25 April 2018.
Do not fear: there is cream cheese in here. Honestly, forget your bagels and sub in an oven toasted taco. Make your tacos like usual and stuff with a cream cheese-cinnamon-honey mixture and top with fruit! #Health.
19. Toffee Taco Sundaes“Toffee Taco Sundaes” Digital Image. The Baker Mama. 25 April 2018.
Alright, this is the laziest, and (for that reason) most dessert-appropriate taco. Here’s how:
- Place tortilla(s) on a baking sheet. Brush the inside with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Heat tortilla(s) as directed on package.
- Once tortillas are heated, place on a serving plate or bowl and fill with two scoops of ice cream. Drizzle with warm caramel sauce, sprinkle with toffee bits and top with some whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Adapted from The Baker Mama.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org