21 Lipsticks Made By Latinas
1. Red Hot “Brava” por las bravas de Reina Rebelde@reinarebelde / Instagram
When the caption says it all: “????For Las Bravas????The foundation of every Latina is that unapologetic, passionate fire she carries within her. It is her birthright. She brings that unique energy to everything she does – she laughs louder, loves harder, fights more intensely, and ultimately endures more. We learn this resilience from the many icons we have the privilege of claiming as our own and the women who raise us and leave us a legacy of inner power and self-confidence with which to approach all of life. This unique, audacious Latina energy gave life to the Bold Lip Color Stick in Brava – a perfect, go-to, activating red that stokes this inner fire within us and displays it for the world to see.”
2. Melt Cosmetics’ muted lip colors to make your eyes pop.@meltcosmetics / Instagram
You don’t have to go big in the pout to stand out. Melt Cosmetics’ Gemini collection will give you everything you need to make this look happen, and support Latinas in business while you’re at it.
3. The Malinche@reinarebelde / Instagram
In Reina Rebelde’s (thee cult classic brand for your mouth) own words this is “a fierce metallic red shade that will keep everyone guessing whether you are a niña mala or a niña buena.”
4. Get yourself some “Beaches N Cream”@atomicmakeup / Instagram
Atomic Makeup has an enormous variety of lip colors, but their latest summer shade is the perfect combo of a rosy base with a subtle, peach shimmer that’s perfect for sunny weather.
5. Dare to eat Takis with “Rosa Salvaje.”@reinarebelde / Instagram
Let it be known that you can get almost all things Reina Rebelde at Target now, including this “hot pink shade inspired by the 80s international hit. It is perfect for when you are falling into hardcore, telenovela-worthy love and want to leave tu amorcito covered in besitos.”
6. We dare you to try “Fresa” ????.@reinarebelde / Instagram
Crucial: the champagne and strawberry picnic basket to start your date off right. According to none other than thee Reina Rebelde, this is a “deep berry shade for when you want the world to see your fresita tendencies.”
7. Can you bring goth back?@nevermindcosmetics / Instagram
Ok, it is back, and we know you’re already thinking to yourself, “Claro que sí I can pull this bish off.” Trust your gut and YOLO. ????
8. The truth is, you’re the only one holding you back from this look:@atomicmakeup / Instagram
Like I said, Atomic Makeup has so many fresh looks, including this neon green, which you don’t have to be in high fashion art shows to rock.
9. “Over It” by Nevermind Cosmetics@nevermindcosmetics / Instagram
Are you over your boring old shades? This company is owned by two cousins born out of Miami and selling out of NYC and they deserve your money. Plus, they make it easy on the wallet.
10. “HBIC” & “GRL TALK” by Nevermind Cosmetics@nevermindcosmetics / Instagram
Meet the cousins who started an empire! We love that they model their own creations, and we love the creations even more.
11. “Gold Skool” by Kat Von D Beauty@katvondbeauty / Instagram
You know what you’re worth, honey. You’re gold, and there’s no world in which we don’t include Kat Von D on this list. She’s cruelty free, vegan and elevates all of us to her level.
12. “Tank Girl” by Kat Von D Beauty@katvondbeauty / Instagram
Familia listen up: greens are so in, and I already know they look good on you. This khaki muted olive green liquid lip is the perfect first foray into a bold new color.
13. “Spring Affair” by Atomic Makeup@atomicmakeup / Instagram Spring Affair
If you’re feeling even bolder, have yourself a Spring Affair, before summer is in full force. We love the metallic touch here too. I have so much respect for makeup artists right now.
14. “Dreamboy” by Melt Cosmetics@meltcosmetics / Instagram
Fun fact: the two Latinas who started this brand first met behind the beauty counter at Nordstrom. They wanted to bring matte vibrant colors to the public, and this is where the trend started!!
15. “710” by Melt Cosmetics@meltcosmetics / Instagram
It’s pretty much summer, which means you can start going for more orange tones, though they’re tricky on those of us with a more yellow/olive complexion, so we recommend taking your time at Sephora, k? 😉
16. “Snow White Red” by Bésame Cosmetics@besamecosmetics
If you don’t have a classic red in your collection already, this is the one. Bésame is a luxury vintage beauty line that was created by Buenos Aires born Gabriela Hernandez. She is an actual cosmetic historian with the degrees to back it up and we can trust her with the classics.
17. “2GETHER 4EVER” by Atomic Makeup@atomicmakeup / Instagram
Ok, but do you understand why we keep talking about them? Who doesn’t love a matte shimmer lip?
18. “NOT UR BABY” by Nevermind Cosmetics@nevermindcosmetics / Instagram
I’m here for these lippie names, nevermind. I’m also here for the matte velvet mauve happening here. Happen to me.
19. “Terra Mater” by Necromancy@necromancycosmetica
Necromancy Cosmetica has some seriously killer shades. If you have a goth side, meet your maker, and know that you can never go wrong with this shade.
20. Try one of Atomic Makeup’s 50+ Shades@atomicmakeup / Instagram
They have shimmery blacks, mauves, coppers and rose alongside silver, black and white colors. It’s for a cause, ok? Treat yo’self and ship other Latinas’ success.
21. Rainbow Highlighter by Chaos Makeup@chaosmakeup / Instagram
Chaos Makeup is a pretty small starting brand known for their rainbow highlighters. You don’t have to go out and buy a thousand new shades for a new look. Try brushing this rainbow highlighter on your basic look to give yourself a subtle boost to unicorn land.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com