These Places In Cancun Will Make You Want To Live There Forever
Cancun is a Mexican city known for its beaches, resorts, nightlife and tourism. It is probably one of the more popular locations for summer vacation and spring break. With its beautiful beaches and many tourist locations, Cancun has a lot to offer. So here are 20 things you shouldn’t miss out on when you go to Cancun.
1. Go on an underground river tour of Rio Secreto.joor_dyy / Instagram
This newly-discovered river is a beautiful sight. Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to take your camera with you but pictures will be taken of you swimming in the river which you can purchase at the end of the tour.
2. Explore the Xplor amusement park.xplorpark / Instagram
At the Xplor amusement park you can go zip-lining, drive an amphibious vehicle, swim and paddle through their underground river caves and luckily snap every single bit of it with the built in cameras throughout the park.
3. Go on a day trip to Xcaret.xcaretpark /Instagram
Xcaret is another amusement park but here you can explore more wildlife by swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling among the fishes, and walking through a butterfly garden.
4. Visit the Chichen Itza Mayan ruins.arianapl / Instagram
These pyramids are amazing and are a huge part of the Cancun experience. Don’t miss out on this perfect instagram snapshot.
5. Party at Señor Frogs like a tourist.senorfrogs / Instagram
So what about nightlife? Señor Frogs is the best tourist location where all people go to have the Vegas experience in Cancun. So kickback and relax with a few a shots at this famous restaurant.
6. Take a ferry to Isla Mujeres.daniel_buzaglo34 / Instagram
Here you can find a beach that you can walk on, what seems like forever, and it will never get deeper than three feet. Here you can also visit so many little shops and restaurants.
7. Dive into a cenote for an otherworldly experience.liza_lit / Instagram
Cancun is famous for their cenotes so make sure you plan a visit to one of these when you are here. Cenotes are really amazing and quite a sight.
8. Go parasailing over the beautiful blue water.monicastaut / Instagram
What better place to go parasailing than in Cancun above their beautiful, clear ocean.
9. Take a trip to Xel-Ha for the perfect Instagram shot.xelhapark / Instagram
This amusement park is an open-sea aquarium. Swim with marine life in the worlds largest natural aquarium.
10. Visit the Tulum ruins for some peace.shafeensaheed / Instagram
With the ruins by the shore, you’ll be able to get some great snapshots of this sight. Plus, it’s a good place to relax.
11. Stroll down the path of Avenida Kukulkan.ferulrichh / Instagram
You’ll most likely cross this path when riding on a tour bus but rather than just passing by it make sure to take the time to walk down this path. This is where you’ll find all of the shops and restaurants of Cancun.
12. Sing and dance at Coco Bongo with hundreds of friends.danielaaraujo1992 / Instagram
Coco Bongo is the No. 1 spot for nightlife. A typical night here involves live performances, confetti, projected videos, balloons, and soap bubbles. However, come ready to spend a lot here because the cover charge for this location is quite pricy.
13. Get a history lesson at the Museo Maya de Cancun.ariph / Instagram
If you would like to learn more about the Mayans, here is where you can go. The Museo Maya de Cancun has a lot of history told with the actual ruins.
14. Get your heart racing with a jetpack in Cancun.guiileaguiirre / Instagram
One of the new adventures in Cancun is taking a spin on a jetpack. So if you want to get an adrenaline rush take a speedy ride above the waters of Cancun. Ain’t the future great.
15. Why not take a moment to visit Cozumel?cozumeltoday / Instagram
Yes, another island. Cozumel is another small island near Cancun with more snorkeling, lounging, and shopping opportunities. Worth an excurions if you want to get away from Cancun for a day.
16. Swim through a museum, which is awesome.scubadivingmag / Instagram
Musa is an underwater museum where you can literally swim around sculptures. You won’t be able to get better shots than these.
17. Hike up a pyramid like a boss.pop_life / Instagram
Unlike Chichen Itza, you can still climb on top of these pyramids. The Mayan city of Coba is less popular than Chichen Itza which makes it a refreshing trip.
17. Dance on the tables at Blue Gecko.bluegeckocantina / Instagram
Another nightlife location, Blue Gecko Cantina is a popular place for drinks. Here you can party with the locals as you sip on one of their signature mojitos.
18. Pamper yourself with a spa day because you deserve it.grandcoralbeach / Instagram
If you are staying at one of Cancun’s resorts then you most likely will have the option of a spa day at the resort, and if you are on vacation then you definitely should pamper yourself.
19. Party at Xoximilco for a unique experience.ms_palacios / Instagram
At Xoximilco you can take a colorful boat ride as you explore its beautiful sights. While on the boat you will enjoy some great food and drinks.
20. Get the most of Cancun’s culture at Mercado 28.federicocastrook / Instagram
Visit Cancun’s huge flea market with over 600 vendors and restaurants. This will probably the best location to get some great souvenirs to take home.
What do you love about Cancun? Tell us in the comments and hit the share button below!
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org