20 Things You Have To Do When You Visit Costa Rica
If you are planning a visit to Costa Rica this summer or in the near future then you probably know that this green lush location has a lot to offer. But how should you make your decision on what to do when you get there? Here are 20 things you shouldn’t miss out on when you go.
1. Visit Arenal Volcano._insta.travel_ / Instagram
No visit to Costa Rica would be complete without a visit to Arenal Volcano, one of Costa Rica’s most active volcanoes. There you can go on a hike to La Fortuna waterfall, a famous stop within the national park.
2. Take a tour of the Venado Caves.costaricaexperts / Instagram
If you do visit Arenal Volcano, make sure to do the 4-hour underground tour of the Venado Caves from La Fortuna. There you will get wet and sweaty as you crawl through the small spots.
3. Visit Manuel Antonio National Park.esterahess_esta / Instagram
A rainforest surrounded by white-sand beaches. This is the perfect location to go hiking, experience wildlife, and lounge by a beach.
4. Go on a coffee tour because, duh.comiccrow / Instagram
Costa Rica is famous for their delicious coffee, so if you visit, make sure to make some time for a coffee tour. El Toledo Coffee Tour is one of the many coffee tours that Costa Rica offers but is unique because it is one of the few farms that don’t use any chemicals on their plants.
5. Visit the Teatro Nacional de Costa Rica.Isimancas / Instagram
If you’re a performing arts fanatic make a stop to the Teatro Nacional de Costa Rica. Here you can take a tour of the building inside and see the beautiful neoclassical designs of the building.
6. Visit the National Museum of Costa Rica.josealberto.gzrd / Instagram
Located in the capital of San Jose, this building was originally a military barracks but is now being used as a museum. Definitely a must-see fortress.
7. Go to a butterfly garden tour.discoverybeachouse / Instagram
Costa Rica has a lot of wildlife, including butterflies. In Costa Rica you can find many butterfly tours and it is definitely worth an experience.
8. Go snorkeling in the beautiful water.marta_pinheiro_ / Instagram
Not only are their jungles amazing but their sea life is spectacular. So, make sure you make time for some snorkeling when you make your visit to Costa Rica.
9. Go zip-lining through the jungle.modernworldgal / Instagram
What better way to see the jungles in Costa Rica than zip-lining. You’ll be high above the trees and witness the most spectacular views.
10. Stay overnight at the Nature Observatorio.thetinytravelogue / Instagram
If you’ve ever imagined what it would be like to live like Tarzan, this would be your opportunity to experience it. In Manzanillo, Costa Rica, there is a treehouse in the middle of the jungle where you can stay overnight. Here you will be able to watch wildlife in its real habitat and listen to the sounds of nature as you fall asleep.
11. Go horseback riding along the beach.selcaescondida / Instagram
To get the best views you must also go horseback riding. Stroll through the beach and rainforest on a horse in a guided tour.
12. Dip into some of the hot springs and ease your woes.shejourneyson / Instagram
Costa Rica has many hot springs locations and it’s an experience like no other. The hot springs here are surrounded by beautiful trees and wildlife.
13. For a thrill, visit a hanging bridge.costaricagreenadventures / Instagram
One of the most amazing views you’ll get in Costa Rica is on top of a hanging bridge. Costa Rica even has a whole park dedicated to hanging bridges, Mistico Park. So, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
14. Water rafting will bring your family together for sure.simo.bonelli / Instagram
If you’re an adrenaline junky then you’d probably enjoy some water rafting at La Fortuna. Luckily no previous experience of rafting is required to participate in this tour.
15. Go on an ATV tour.cultured.ogs / Instagram
Speed through the jungle on an ATV riding through rugged mountain terrain and reaching a destination with an amazing view.
16. Bungee jump if you want to feel alive.jos_lo / Instagram
If you want an even more adrenaline experience, Monteverde has the highest Bungee jump in Central America. Jump off a tram over the cloud forest.
17. Visit the Ruins of the Church of Carthage.erik_3 / Instagram
If you’d like to learn more of the history of Costa Rica, don’t miss out on the Ruins of the Church of Carthage.
18. Visit the Rio Celeste Waterfall and experience awe-inspiring nature at her best.travelmethat / Instagram
The beautiful blue water of this waterfall is the product of a chemical reaction between the minerals from the volcano and the rainforest. You’ll be amazed by this sight.
19. Why not try some deep sea fishing while you are there?Vitaminseafishcosta / Instagram
Catch a fish by Los Suenos Marina, a marina in Costa Rica with a full-service port.
20. And, of course, you might as well try out surfing.albumsurf / Instagram
Being a world class surfing destination, don’t miss out on the opportunity to surf on the Costa Rican coastline.
Notice any needed corrections? Please email us at email@example.com