These Latinos Are Dropping Some Amazing Jokes On Twitter And They Need To Be Acknowledged
Apparently, everything is happening on Twitter these days, including American foreign policy announcements. The social media giant has become the go to place to keep up with politics and give your brain and heart a break from politics. Fortunately, it is really easy to find just the comedy on Twitter and here are some of the most relatable and hilarious Latino moments on Twitter so far.
1. Our mothers are low key the best at dodging any and all questions.
@tlrnlo / Twitter
LMAO. How many times has your own mother thrown your father off her trail? There were many days where we would help mom hide new purchases because dad doesn’t understand spending money.
2. The betrayal we all know that is Sephora’s beauty insider rewards.
@viviunuu / Twitter
The audacity of these ridiculous gifts is astounding. Like, who as Sephora realized that we could be fooled into accepting these Barbie makeup pieces as legitimate makeup? We’ll take it but only because we worked for it.
3. The classic non-verbal chancla threat had a moment.
@GimmeApenny / Twitter
Low key, we are all waiting for the time in our lives that we just slip a chancla off and the world stands still. You know that feeling from watching your mom do it. You can tell from the guy’s reaction that he knows what a chancla in the hand means for him. LOL
4. La Chona has gotten all of the abuelas on their feet.
@danielacelinaaa / Twitter
It is even better that she was able to use her kitchen skills to create a dope dance. Got to admit, you love your abuelas for all of their secret talents.
5. You can’t forget about any kind of physical discomfort.
@sadqueer4life / Twitter
True story: As a grimy, sporty kid, I had MRSA for months before my mom decided that hydrogen peroxide and sleeping with garlic under my pillow wasn’t going to cut it and I finally saw a doctor.
We have to stay vigilant, amigos.
6. We’ve got some very wise fashion police on the internet representing us.
@peachy___queen / Twitter
Who hasn’t experienced this unfortunate wardrobe malfunction from sleeping with a tank top? It’s almost like they don’t want you to sleep in these tops.
7. Perspective is everything and this Latino tweeter wasn’t afraid of it.
@MatteoGenota / Twitter
Low key, this is probably one of the most terrifying images you’ll find on the internet. Thomas clearly has some very dark thoughts and we should all be a little more weary around the tank engine.
8. We have learned how to pick ourselves up after the worst situations.
@YenniferGoVegan / Twitter
“You look cute, boo.”
“Eres más perfecta que nunca.”
9. Our superstitions and religious beliefs have come through in a clutch.
@paola__janet / Twitter
The World Cup had every Mexican fan on edge because, and let’s be honest, El Tri loves to choke at the World Cup. This abuela’s blessing did enough to help at the beginning but not even divine intervention could help the team advance too far.
10. A lot of the Spanish language is giving one name to an entire industry.
@jeamontanez / Twitter
It does not matter what kind of cereal it is. Literally every brand of cereal is Con Flay because that is just something that our families know about. There is also all kinds of sugar added to the real Corn Flakes.
11. It’s always fun to make fun of yourself, tbh.
@blindsiren / Twitter
Some people are just not meant to be in front of the camera and those people are usually great with words. A few fortunate souls are able to do both but it is very rare or takes a lot of effort.
12. Beauty products, amirite?
@Colorfulkkaylaa / Twitter
Was this a part of the Sephora Beauty Insider rewards? One of the greatest disappointments in our lives has to be getting something as a reward for the first time in Sephora only for it to be literally worthless.
13. Latinos stay ready with necessary life advice.
@barbieenriquezz / Twitter
Sure. There are other things you can do to get your family to celebrate you. However, none of them will result with flowers, usually. Instead, major milestones, like your First Communion, comes with prayer cards, rosaries, and other things you don’t really use.
14. While everyone talks about Latino time, we know that we just need time to plan.
@champagnefeel / Twitter
Seriously. We don’t do spontaneous because we were not raised that way. Everything has a plan and we spend months developing said plan. No Latina mother just lets things fly by with no planning.
15. Some tweets show the secret language we have with our families.
@_Evyvg / Twitter
There is something that feels so powerful when you read these things. Every major store and brand has a different name when it comes out of our parents’ and grandparents’ mouths.
16. You have to show respect to the people who make your life better.
@ashleydragulaa / Twitter
There is no question about that. Some times you have to show some respect to the people who change the game. Like, sure you don’t want strangers knocking on your door, but you also don’t want to miss out on some tamales.
17. Sibling humiliations are the most perfect tweets.
@AriannaModels / Twitter
She might be really embarrassed and sad right now, but she is going to be so happy this photo exists. Everyone wants to be Cardi B right now so she’ll be happy that she looks like her now.
18. This Twitter user quickly shut down this narrative.
@malazxadm / Twitter
Did your man literally put a crown on your head? Didn’t think so and as such he will get the look that he gets. Like, I love him and all but if he doesn’t give me a crown, how am I going to give him a princess look?
19. There have been some strong lines drawn when it comes to teaching abuelos how to use social media.
@camillard / Twitter
Older people should not be surprised by this kind of pushback here. Sorry, not sorry. We need to keep some things sacred and protected, like democracy for those of us young enough to have to live with the consequences.
20. And, here’s the realest tweet of them all.
@kinkypinata / Twitter
Say it louder for the people in the back. I want my sexual liberation back.